Why Do I Need Medication Counseling?
Because some medications can interfere with the effects of other medications, it is important for your health care team to know about all your current medications and supplements. Participating in a medication counseling session with your pharmacist can improve the effectiveness of your therapy and reduce adverse reactions.
Additionally, our team offers appointments for comprehensive medication therapy review as well as help choosing dietary supplements and alternative treatment options for a variety of health conditions.
How to Receive Medication Counseling
Write a list of medications (prescription and non-prescription), dosage, how often you take them and the reason you take them. If you’d prefer, you may gather all your medications stored in their original container to avoid confusion.
Things you should know about your medications:
- What are brand and generic names of the product?
- What is the purpose of the medication?
- What is the dosage?
- How should I take this medication? (e.g., with food?)
- How often should I take it? What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Do I need any test while taking this medicine?
- Does this medication have any side effects? What are they? What should I do if they occur?
- Does this medication interact with any other medications? With over-the-counter medications? With foods?
- How should I store this medication?
- If this is a new prescription, should I stop taking any other medications I am currently taking?
Talk to a Consultant Pharmacist
You can contact a consultant pharmacist by calling toll-free 844-879-6337 Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (CST).